For more info on Jobseekers Allowance:

Telephone ::

This with the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP)
This is a call routing service which provides you with quick and easy access to the organisation you require

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional
Valid CSS

Labelled with ICRA

Jobseekers Allowance (JSA) provides helpful & convenient information regarding unemployment benefits within the United Kingdom (UK).

Jobseekers allowance is the main benefit you will receive if you are out of work. JSA benefit is taxable.

There are two types of Jobseekers allowance that can be claimed.

Contribution based Jobseekers Allowance

If you have paid enough National Insurance contributions in the last 2 years you could be entitled to Contribution based Jobseekers benefit. Contribution based Jobseekers Allowance is usually paid for up to 182 days.
Self employment contributions will not normally allow you to be entitled to contribution based Jobseekers Allowance.

Income based Jobseekers Allowance

If you have savings of more that £16,000 savings, you usually wont be able to get Income based Jobseekers Allowance.
If you have savings of over £6,000, for every £250 your claim for Jobseekers benefit will reduce by £1 per week.

Please click on one of the following links for more detailed information on this benefit:

You maybe able to obtain this information independently & directly by visiting your local Jobcentre plus office, which are located throughout the UK.

Alternatively, you can get answer to your questions directly by calling the Job Centre Plus Office on .